NEUROPHYSICS AND NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
The scientific direction on neurophysics and neurophysiology is in initial stage of origin in our laboratory yet. Preconditions of creation of this direction are last successes in studying of topography of neural communications and neurotransmission in live organisms that allows to speak seriously about possibility of statement of system problems of neurobiology, or, already more precisely neurobiophysics, on studying of biophysical mechanisms of the higher nervous activity and cogitative work of a brain of men and animals. And in the application to medical problems, accordingly, it concerns biophysical and neurophysiological mechanisms of infringements of normal work and the reasons of occurrence of diseases of a brain of men and animals. Today, actually, there is no any effective neurophysiological theory of cogitative work of a brain and its infringements. Therefore researches in a direction of search of ways of creation of such theory are an actual and perspective problem of fundamental science. This problem also enters today in sight of laboratory of medical and physics researches taking into account necessity and an extreme urgency of the resolving of problems of early revealing and effective treatment of such diseases of a brain as a multiple sclerosis (disseminated sclerosis), brain tumors, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, etc.
The main directions of scientific work:
1) Neurooncology: research and development of new effective methods of surgical and radio-surgical treatment of tumors of a brain (together with department of neurosurgery of MONIKI). Development of laser methods of diagnostics of brain tumors.
2) Neurology: Studying of mechanisms of development of autoimmune process at a multiple sclerosis. Development of methods and equipment for the transimmunization including the UV-irradiation of blood cells of patients with multiple sclerosis, an incubation of blood cells and the subsequent retransfusion (together with departments of neurology and surgical haemocorrection and detoxication of MONIKI).
3) Neurooftalmology: research of mechanisms of infringement of visual perception of images at ambliopia (together with the department of ophthalmology of MONIKI).
4) Neurology: development of methods of early diagnostics of risk of development of Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease (together with MPTI and department of neurology of MONIKI).
Basic research methods:
1) Intraoperative estimation of prevalence of tumoral process in a brain by a method of laser fluorescent spectroscopy with photosensitizers.
2) Evaluation of influence of transimmunized blood cells (monocytes) on a current of autoimmune process as a result of extracorporal photochemotherapy of multiple sclerosis.
3) Measurement of visually-cogitative functions and reactions of the person at ambliopia, Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
4) Spectrophotometric analysis of cells.
5) Mathematical simulation of the processes in neuronal tissues.